One night, mom and dad noticed that she was overheating as she screamed, tears flooding from her eyes. Shortly after, Scott Walker made a bizarre discovery.
Scott and his wife had never seen anything like it. Scott was keen to share this story, with the belief that parents should speak up about their experiences, as it could save another child’s life.
Scott said: “We had a small scare this afternoon with Ms. Molly. What happened was new to me, but apparently not totally uncommon, so I figured I’d share with my fellow parents out there.”
“I was with the family over lunch and Molly was cranky and screaming–nothing out of the ordinary. As worked up as she was getting, she started to overheat, which prompted Jess to remove her socks and cool her down. That’s when we saw her toe. This is called a hair tourniquet, which is literally a strand of hair that, while inside a sock, unexplainably wraps around a toe so tight that it can cut through the skin and potentially cut off blood circulation.”
Scott noted: “The doctor told me, for future reference, to always check the toes if the baby is inconsolable. Just an FYI to any parents or care takers out there.”
Don’t let another child’s life be at risk