1 (1/4 oz.) pkg dry yeast
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp. salt
4 cups flourFilling:
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp. flour
Cream Cheese Icing:
6 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt
1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs and flour to the bowl of a mixer and mix well.
3. Pour the milk/yeast mixture in the bowl and using the dough hook, mix well until well incorporated.
4. Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx. 16″ long by 12″ wide.
6. It should be approx. 1/4″ thick.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
8. To make filling, combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
9. Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the dough.
10. Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
11. Cut the dough into 1&3/4″ slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
12. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cooking time can vary greatly!
13. While the rolls are baking make the icing by mixing all ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
14. When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.