Spelled Kabobs or Kebabs, either way these Beef Steak and Smoked Bacon skewers are real good eating at home, at the family picnic, or at the tailgating party, so be sure to grill up a bunch on the ol’ barbecue. And, not only will these be a fav at your next food feast, but they’re easy to make, as shown by the BBQ Pit Boys.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Round Steak – 1 ½ inch thick. Cut into 1 ½ cubes
- Thick Cut Bacon – 1 lb.
- Olive Oil – ½ cup
- Worcestershire Sauce – 4 Tbsp.
- Garlic Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Crushed Thyme – 1 tsp
- Red Pepper Flakes – 1 Tbsp.
- Red Wine Vinegar – ¼ cup
- Black Pepper & Salt mixed – 1 Tbsp.
- Onion – 3 cut into wedges
- Bell Pepper – 2 cut into 1 ½ inch squares
- Shredded Cheese – we used Provolone but use what you like best
- A Large Ziploc bag
1. Cut your steak into 1 ½ inch cubes.
2. Place the cubed steak into the Ziploc bag
3. Add the following ingredients to the Ziploc bag
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp crushed Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of salt and pepper mixture
4. Seal the Ziploc bag removing as much air as possible, Knead the bag to coat the steak cubes
5. Marinate the steak cubes for 2 hours in the frig
6. Set up your grills for indirect grilling. Place hot coals on 1 side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill You are looking for a temp of 300 degrees Fahrenheit
7. Place the bacon on the grill on the side with no coals to partially cook
8. While bacon is cooking chop up the onions and bell peppers
9. When the bacon is partial cooked remove from the grill and cut the slices in half
10. Assemble the kabobs by
Wrap a cube of steak with a slice of bacon and place on the skewer
Slide a wedge of onion on the skewer
Slide a piece of bell pepper on the skewer
Repeat the process until the skewer is full
11. Place Kabobs on the grill side with no coals
12. Cover the grill with the lid
13. Cook time will be about 25 minutes
14. After 15 minutes rotate the kabobs on the grill to promote even cooking
15. At 25 minutes remove from the grill and put on a platter
16. Sprinkle with shredded provolone cheese
17. Serve and Enjoy!