Every once in a while, you come across a recipe that’s so eye-catching, you have to make a note of it. Maybe you’ll try it out one day. Maybe you won’t. Regardless, it piqued your interest enough to write it down. Then there are absolutely delicious-sounding recipes that you must make immediately. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the ultimate recipe.
Beer Battered Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
Ingredients: 2 large vidalia onions, 1 quart of vegetable oil, 12 ounces of stout beer, 2 cups of all purpose flour divided, 2 pounds of sliced bacon, 2 cups of jarred queso.
1. Cut onions crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices, peel, and separate into rings. Discard the inner bulbs.
2. Heat oil to 365 degrees in a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot attached with an oil thermometer.
3. Combine beer with one cup flour; mix thoroughly. Place remaining flour in a shallow dish.
4. Dredge onion rings in flour, shake off excess, and dip in beer batter. Spiral slices of bacon around each onion ring to completely wrap it (you may need several slices depending on the size of the onion). Dip into batter again.
5. Deep-fry the rings, a few at a time, for 3-5 minutes, or until deep brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
6. Serve while hot with queso, heated according to jar instructions.