Just the other day, my older brother bought Skittles at the movie theater. Shocked, I looked at him and asked, “How old are you?” But after seeing this recipe, I have a feeling he was onto something by reverting back to a childhood staple.
I thought that we were both too old to “Taste The Rainbow,” but it turns out, I was just too close-minded. If you’ve always loved Skittles, here’s how you can give them a boozy, adult update.
Here’s what you do:
- 1 14-ounce bag of Skittles, separated out into colors
- 1 750-milliliter bottle of vodka
- A liter of Sprite
- Put the Skittles into small containers like mason jars.
- Pour 150 milliliters of vodka into each jar (a little less than 2/3 cup), cover, and shake. Repeat with each color.
- Refrigerate all the jars overnight.
- Pour two ounces of one jar into a strainer over a blender, add a cup of Sprite, some ice, and blend.
- Do the same for each color, being sure to rinse the blender in between flavors.
- Serve in a chilled glass and enjoy!